Produce Legacy Components Cost-Effectively
Quad City Manufacturing Laboratory (QCML) offers reverse engineering services in design, production and technology transfer to combat the inherent challenges of sourcing legacy parts for essential equipment, including:
- No availability of replacement parts
- No existing models, drawings or part specifications
QCML’s reverse engineering services can utilize either 3D scanning technology or touch-probe technology to generate a point cloud of a component that is being reverse engineered. The point cloud can then be used to create a 3D solid model of the part, which can be used for:
- 3D metal printing a usable part
- Design reference/Instructions for conventional manufacturing techniques
- Enabling revision of the legacy part without remodeling it from scratch
When no models, drawings or part specifications exist, QCML provides expert reverse engineering services to cost-effectively produce legacy components.
QCML is a Leading American Manufacturing R&D Resource
Contact us to learn more about how we may help you.
Talk with Us. Call (309) 788-2089